Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Big One


















Here's what going on in my garden:


First box: mystery gourd(s) - one bush one vining, red onions (x2 squares), carnival blend carrots - they're different colors like the purple one in the photo (x2 squares), green peppers (x2 squares), green onions (2 squares, 2 varieties - neither is doing great), cilantro (x2 squares), green beans, summer squash (taking over the garden - I didn't know that I needed to get the vining type), zucchini (same story as the squash, but it's not producing as much just yet), peas (starting to sprout a second set of peas!), three tomato plants


Second box: popcorn, sweet corn (already forming ears of corn!!!), jalapenos (x2 squares), cayenne peppers (x2 squares - they're getting huge), hyacinth bean vine (very pretty and supposedly you can eat the entire plant - we'll see...), red potatoes that already have baby potatoes ready to pick, but we're going to let them get a little bigger (x3 squares), basil (x2 squares but one isn't doing so great), two different tomato plants, two pickling cucumbers, and three regular cucumber plants - all of the cukes are growing like crazy - I've already made three jars of pickles, one jar of refrigerator pickles, and a jar of dilly beans. But of course I didn't grow dill or garlic, so I guess I better start taking notes for next year...

No comments: