Tuesday, September 08, 2009

It's Potty Time!


So after three VERY unsuccessful attempts at potty training this summer, Cameron is now potty trained. How, you ask? Well, he's a stubborn little thing. We tried bribes, threats - everything short of tying him to the potty (I may be exaggerating a little bit, but the way he screamed when ever I would ask him if he had to go or wanted to try - you'd thing I was torturing the kid!). Anyway, we succeeded by not trying. One day his pull-up leaked and I told him that if he didn't want that to happen again he had to go on the potty. I didn't think anything of it and a little while later - "Mommy, I have to go potty." That was it and there have been no accidents since. I guess he had to think he was doing it on his own (which really he was). He still wears a pull-up to bed, but I'm guessing once we start doing a late night potty trip it won't be too long til those are gone, too! Hooray!

No comments: