Monday, February 23, 2009

Men and Women

A few thoughts:

The other night I was watching something on TV so Jason went downstairs to watch a game. The batteries had died in the remote. Instead of getting new ones (from a drawer about 5 feet from him), he moved the whole TV (cords and all) onto the coffee table and pulled right in front of him so he could still channel surf on commercials without getting up... :)

My new minivan was obviously designed for mothers with children. There are numerous storage compartments and cup holders, a built in baby (conversation) mirror to see passengers in the back, grocery bag holders, loads of safety features, a seat warmer in both the front and middle rows of seats, etc etc etc. However, guess where the spare tire is? Directly in the middle of the underbelly of the car. To remove it you first have to remove the center console, then unscrew something, then slide under the car to get this darn tire out. How is a female ever supposed to change a tire on her own if need be? I guess we'll just have to call a man to our rescue. Now don't get me wrong, I've let a few helpful strangers (and AAA) change a tire for me when I needed it, but I always thought I might have been capable of doing it on my own if they weren't around. Tires are heavy, and I'm sure I couldn't even lift the darn thing if I wanted to, but now I can't even try! To me that's like a salesman pointing out the vanity mirror when you're asking about the horsepower. A little sexist. Boo on minivan designers. :(

No comments: